This is an easy project that takes about 5min to do, needs only a couple of supplies and makes a cute accessory for those sometimes boring keys you might be lugging around.
I used a suede fringe which can be purchased off the roll at most fabric supply shops. Other alternatives would be leather or thin polyester fringe.
- Lay out your fringe and snip one piece off, this will be used for the loop of the key chain.
- Glue the end of that to the end of the fringe.
- lay out that glued section away from fringe
- take edge of fringe and start rolling- neat & tight around the end you just glued.
- per your discretion stop when you like the look of how thick your tassel is (i rolled 4 times), then leave it alone for just a min.
- on the piece you left out- place the ring through then snip off to a desired length for how much loop you want hanging from your ring.
- flip the end around itself so that the ring is now in the loop, glue the end to the inside of the last roll you did.
- you will be rolling one last time so cut the fringe so that the last roll can cover the end of your loop you just glued
- roll then glue the edge securely over the end piece, if need place a little glue inside and squeeze shut.
- let dry, then attach to key chain.